Pushpay, online giving provider for churches and ministries, announced a sweeping update to its product this week at Summit, their annual conference. Pushpay welcomed more than 1,100 churches and more than 20 thought leaders to the stage to provide tactical ways church leadership teams can solve their toughest ministry problems in areas including technology, communication, engagement and more.
Pushpay shared several announcements including the largest product release in the company’s history, and the launch of Nurture, a movement to strengthen communities and create deeper connections within the Church.
We know that churches today want thriving and active organizations, but many struggle to close the gap between where they are and where their community members are,” said Chris Heaslip, CEO and co-founder of Pushpay, in a news release issued yesterday. “In addition to delivering world-class technology, we’re excited to launch Nurture, which will fundamentally change the way church leaders interact with their community.”
The Nurture framework gives church leadership teams a step-by-step guide for how to create meaningful interactions with community members throughout their journey in ministry. Pushpay also recently launched The Nurtured Church, a weekly podcast designed to help leaders nurture their communities.
On day two of the conference, Heaslip announced several new enhancements to the Pushpay product portfolio that enable customers to deliver personalized communication and empowers churches to nurture, engage, and reciprocate generosity more seamlessly.
- Content cards: Dynamic content is now included on thank you receipts, prompting users to download or engage with the church app. This feature helps drive app adoption and provides churches an opportunity to highlight ministry efforts more seamlessly.
- Related content: After engaging within the app, users can easily discover similar content. This provides a more personal experience and ultimately increases time spent within the app.
- Notifications: An app badge will automatically be visible for iOS users when there are new updates and unread announcements within the church app. In addition, churches can deliver more personalized communication through rich push notifications, which now include titles, subtitles, and images.
- Ability to nurture donors: Organizations can now deliver customized interactions with unique and meaningful communication to donors. Impact cards enable churches to surface the results of important ministry efforts with images, rich text, and key statistics. Thank you by fund also allows churches to deliver personal notes of direct appreciation to donors, both when they donate and via email. In addition, donor campaign progress allows donors to individually track their contributions to campaign pledges.
- Centralized giving through Pushpay: Churches now have the ability to process non-cash donations, including items such as vehicles, furniture, stock and more. In addition, through a new organizational giving solution, administrators now have a simple and consistent way to record gifts made by an organization. As a result, customers now have visibility to all gifts, independent of the payment method or type.
Pushpay also announced the launch of Pushpay University, a curriculum hub designed to equip the Church to grow in leadership, communication, and technology. The site is currently available to Pushpay customers and has a diverse range of content including videos, curriculum, quizzes, and next steps designed to encourage teams to interact and discuss learnings.