For all intensive purposes, Facebook’s Newsfeed is one of the most powerful content delivery channels in the world.
Exact percentages of how much content they drive varies, but recent studies show as much as 25% of web referrals come via Facebook.
With that kind of percentage, its no wonder that 13% of all time spent online occurs at Facebook. A staggering 14 hour per month average for U.S users alone.
So how can the church better harness the power of Facebook in our social media plans?
Mari Smith and BuzzSumo have put together a helpful infographic on eight Facebook engagement statistics that can help. We’ve summarized the findings and included the image below.
8 Eye-Opening Facebook Engagement Stats
- Posts published from 10 – 11 PM EST get 88% more interactions than the average Facebook post. *
- Image posts get 179% more interactions than the average Facebook post.
- Posts ending with a question get 162% more interactions than the average post.
- Videos are the most shared post type, with 89.5 average Facebook shares. **
- Posts published on Sunday get 52.9% more interactions than the average Facebook post.
- Excluding images, posts with 150-200 characters performed the best, averaging 238.75 shares.
- Posting with a 3rd party tool results in 89.5% less engagement than directly posting to Facebook.
- Posts that link to long form content (2000+ words) receive 40% more interactions than linking to short form content.
* Interactions = likes + shares + comments
** BuzzSumo counted only shares, not likes + comments.