Christmas is a time for celebrating the birth of Jesus, reflecting on God’s love and grace, and thanking Him for all He has done. There are many specific verses that allow us to reflect upon what God did for us through his Son, Jesus Christ. And we can use the episodic nature of social media streams of content to insert various verses into people's scrolling experiences daily during December so that they get glimpses of the Christmas narrative throughout their week.
The Bible is the best source of inspiration for this season, and there’s no better way to share your faith and spread love than with meaningful bible verses.
Whether you’re crafting content for stories and reels or using typography over beautiful images, topical Bible verses can be a great part of the editorial content recipe you are assembling for December.
Check out some of these Christmas-inspired bible verses below that you can use as a starting point for your content research.
37 Bible verses you can use on social media to help remind us of the true meaning of Christmas:
1. Luke 2:7 – “And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.”
2. Isaiah 9:6 – “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.”
3. Philippians 2:6-8 – “Who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.”
4. Matthew 1:23 – “Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son and they shall call his name Immanuel” (which means God with us).
5. Isaiah 7:14 – “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son and call his name Immanuel.”
6. Luke 2:14 – “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace among those whom he favors!”
7. Psalm 96:11-12 – “Let the heavens be glad and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it; let the field exult, and everything in it!”
8. Zechariah 9:9 – “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey.”
9. Psalm 98:4 – “Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises!”
10. Matthew 2:11 – “And going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh.”
11. Luke 2:13-14 – “And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!’”
12. Isaiah 11:1-2 – “There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse, and a branch from his roots shall bear fruit. And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him…”
13. Isaiah 12:2-3 – “Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”
14. Romans 15:13 – “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.”
15. Psalm 24:7-10 – “Lift up your heads, O gates! And be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in…The Lord of hosts, he is the King of glory!”
16. Luke 1:46-49 – “And Mary said, ‘My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior…He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts; he has brought down the mighty from their thrones and exalted those of humble estate;”
17. Isaiah 9:2 – “The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shone.”
18. Psalm 126:3 – “The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.”
19. Luke 2:11 – “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.”
These verses remind us that Jesus is the ultimate gift of Christmas – His love and salvation makes our joy complete. May we be reminded of these truths this season, and experience peace and joy in Him!”
20. Isaiah 9:2-7 – “The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness, on them has light shined…For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end.”
21. Hebrews 2:14-15 – “Since therefore the children share in flesh and blood, he himself likewise partook of the same things, that through death he might destroy the one who has the power of death, that is, the devil, and deliver all those who through fear of death were subject to lifelong slavery.”
22. Isaiah 35:10 – “And the ransomed of the Lord shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.”
23. Isaiah 9:6-7 – “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end.”
24. John 1:5 – “And the light shines in darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.”
25. Luke 2:8-11 – “And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night… And the angel said to them, ‘Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.’”
26. Isaiah 7:14 – “Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.”
27. Psalm 121:1-2 – “I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.”
28. 2 Corinthians 9:15 – “Thanks be to God for his inexpressible gift!”
29. Romans 8:15-17 – “For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, ‘Abba! Father!’ The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God…”
30. Jeremiah 33:14-16 – “Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will fulfill the promise I made to the house of Israel and Judah…In those days and at that time I will cause a righteous Branch to spring up for David, and he shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.”
31. 2 Corinthians 4:6 – “For God, who said, ‘Let light shine out of darkness,’ has shone in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.”
32. Philippians 4:4-7 – “Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice…And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
33. Zechariah 9:9 – “Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.”
34. Psalm 24:7-10 – “Lift up your heads, O gates! And be lifted up, O ancient doors, that the King of glory may come in… Who is this King of glory? The Lord who is strong and mighty; the Lord who is mighty in battle.”
35. Isaiah 11:1-5 – “There shall come forth a shoot from the stump of Jesse…And there shall be no harm or ruin on all his holy mountain; for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord as the waters cover the sea.”
Did we miss any? What verses should we add to this list? If you add a new one below, we'll add it to our list during our next update. Thanks for sharing. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!