in today's world, we're seeing pushback on the big-box attractional church model. Pastors are thinking through how to get back to basics and invest in programs that help disciple their church attendees. With the comfort of online meetings, distance learning, on-demand content consumption, and asynchronous community engagement, churches have the opportunity to set up discipleship pathways online – reducing dependence on classroom-based in-person programs. Or one great opportunity is to produce standardized resources online and use them in a hybrid way for both online interactions and small group offline community engagement. This way, leaders can now create meaningful experiences for members that are both personal and engaging.
You should consider creating an online course
This is why in today's increasingly digital world, churches should be taking advantage of the many benefits of creating and publishing courses online.
As church leaders look to equip their teams, volunteers, and attendees with the knowledge and skills they need to build a thriving congregation, they must consider what tools are available to make this task easier. Online courses allow churches to reach a greater audience at any time and from any location while delivering content in an engaging and interactive way.
With the rise of the digital age, online learning management systems such as Kajabi is something to consider adopting to have an effective and efficient way to conduct discipleship training.
4 key benefits of using a Learning Management System for developing courses for discipleship training:
- Easy to Use Interface: When you evaluate online course platforms to use, make sure you look at the user experience. For example, courses created on Kajabi’s platform offers an intuitive interface that both seasoned veterans to complete beginners can click around and get to what they need immediately without triggering calls or emails for help. This platform has templates you can use to get out of the gate, but most importantly it has an emphasis on aesthetics and design, so what you publish will immediately rival any of the big tech solutions out there. It will look as good as anything Netflix, Google, Amazon, etc. has to offer. An easy-to-navigate interface for you also makes building beautiful pages a breeze for any level of user.
- Analytics: Learning Management Systems provide detailed analytics that tracks how students progress through their courses – giving greater insights into engagement levels and student behavior which can help improve content delivery over time. For example, you can tell if most people engage with a certain topic. Well, that probably means you now have the opportunity to go deeper on that popular topic, because people are most interested in that.
- Easy access to church resources: Learning management systems allow pastors to provide easy access to all of the church's resources, such as documents, videos and audio recordings, presentations, and more. This makes it easier for church members to access the information they need quickly and efficiently. No more directing people to various staffers or volunteers who might own that specific resource. Once you adopt a platform like Kajabi, you can publish all your resources centrally and give access and permission to individuals or groups in any custom permutation you want.
- It's video-centric: Today, people demand video content. Reading hundreds of pages of text on a regular basis is not really in most people's routine or habits. All the social media platforms have shifted to making video central to their activities. The big upside with the right course platform is that it has taken care of all the nerdy back-end stuff for you. You don't need to investigate and learn about video hosting, embedding, permission access, etc. It's all built it, intuitively, and you just upload, set it, and forget it.
- There's an app for that: One of the biggest challenges with discipleship curriculum is compliance. Most people just don't complete going through all the materials. Some platforms like Kajabi offer a free mobile app experience so that all your videos and lesson content can be consumed via a very slick mobile app. It is a game changer for getting people to complete any given lesson, or course. Again, Kajabi's mobile app feature is optimized for the user experience, so it's not only beautiful and fast, more importantly it's super easy to use. There's no learning curve. No “training” you need to do with the tech-challenged crowds in your community.
In conclusion, an online course system has proven itself invaluable for churches looking for ways to increase engagement between staff, leaders, volunteers, and church attendees through disciple training in an increasingly digital world – opening up vast opportunities for growth and development both within our congregations and beyond them!
Over the last 5 years, I have utilized Kajabi extensively with thousands of people going through our offerings. It's definitely worth checking out.
Here are 5 benefits of using the Kajabi platform for online discipleship:
- Easy to Use Interface: Kajabi simplifies the process for creating online courses by having an easy-to-use interface that allows users to create powerful customised learning experiences with minimal effort.
- Drag & Drop Editor: Creating engaging pages and posts is simple with Kajabi’s drag-and-drop editor which makes customising content fast and hassle free.
- Secure Payment Processing: The Kajabi platform offers built-in payment processing tools so users can accept payments securely from customers all over the world in minutes.
- Powerful Analytics: Tracking progress is made easy with powerful analytics that give real time insights into student engagement, performance and behavioural patterns – all in one place.
- Collaboration Tools: It can be difficult to manage collaborators when producing content across multiple platforms; however, Kajabi provides collaboration tools to ensure smooth workflow processes between team members on a single platform – saving time and money on coordination costs.
Overall, using Kajabi as a platform for delivering content gives churches the freedom to create engaging learning experiences without the need for technical expertise – making it an ideal choice for those looking to expand their reach through digital course content.