Churches always appreciate donations, but processing checks can be a painstaking job that costs money and a lot of time. And it’s easy to make mistakes while processing checks. If you haven't already experienced paperless check deposits, now is the time to discover this incredible feature now available to churches. To convince you further, here are 3 reasons why paperless donation check deposits can help:
1) You really don't like driving to the bank once, twice, or even three times a week. With paperless check deposits, now you can deposit checks from your church office – no driving necessary.
2) You love your church secretary and you don't want to burn her out. Your church secretary or accountant wants to maintain the will to live – sometimes this is hard during high giving seasons like the end-of-year giving rush. Save them now and sign up for paperless check depositing.
3) You want to save your staff time, energy, and momentum by helping them streamline the giving process. It really can help all staff involved by streamlining the entire giving process, making it simpler to accept donations and faster to post them to your church bank account.
Now for the details: Icon Systems, Inc. has partnered with Paperless Transaction Corporation to provide churches with a check scanning solution commonly called Remote Data Capture (RDC).
Paperless Transactions provides churches with all the necessary tools to scan checks on-site and transmit them for processing. It's a three-step process from data capture to posting in the IconCMO donation and accounting solutions.
How does it work?
- Scan the checks using the Paperless Transactions solution.
- Import the scanned data into IconCMO's donation solution for review.
- Post the batch in IconCMO's donation module, which will auto post it into the church's accounting solution.
The seamless process from data capture to the church's accounting system eliminates time, cost and errors, giving ministries more time to focus on what matters – people!
For more details on the advantages of processing donation checks remotely, check out the full announcement.
Lastly, Icon Systems has also recently announced custom reporting beta. Check it out at their blog. [Full Disclosure: Icon Systems is a valued CTT site sponsor.]