With more and more people accessing the Internet via their smartphones and tablets, churches are recognizing the importance of connecting with community via their mobile devices. Mobile apps, which allow users to access information from the Internet or download content so that it can be retrieved without an Internet connection, are preferred over mobile websites because they are perceived as:
- More convenient
Elexio, a leading provider of church software solutions, has redesigned its Mobile App to include more features for churches to provide better user experiences for their community and staff. With Elexio’s Mobile App 2.0, smartphone users will have in-app access to multiple functions including the mobile-optimized media center and event registration. Church staff will also have secure mobile access to the directory along with enhanced functionality. Mobile 2.0 is a free app included with a subscription to Elexio’s church management solution.
Features of the Mobile App 2.0 include:
- Mobile Optimized Media Center with in-app playback functionality.
- Elexio’s Connect Interface (Custom Content) – in-app link to essentially any admin-created, custom web pages.
- Improved church directory for staff – enhanced features include ability for note taking and follow-ups for approved administrators.
- Event Registration and Payment.
- Contributions interface.
- Custom Branded icon and description for App store and Marketplace (paid option) – allows churches to be found more easily by people wishing to download the app for their church name.
An increasing number of people expect to interact with churches through their smartphone devices,” says John Connell, director of sales and marketing for Elexio. “Our Mobile App lets them use their smartphones to watch sermons, register for events, access the directory, and make a financial contribution. Church staff can use the Mobile App to gain quick access to data while out of the office so that they can connect with and better serve their community.”
Learn more about Elexio’s church software solutions including the Mobile App 2.0 and how it can help you CONNECT with your community, GROW deeper and wider, ENGAGE with those that grace your front step, and RELATE to a constantly changing demographic.
[Elexio is a valued site sponsor of ChurchTechToday.com.]