Now is the time to take advantage of smartphone and Quick response codes (QR codes). QR codes are a simple yet powerful tool to revolutionize communication and enhance connections within your community.
Scan the QR codes with your smartphone and turn a simple technology into a powerful marketing tool for ministry.
Think of a QR code as a paper-based hyperlink that connects the physical world with the online world. The ability to connect printed materials and the mobile web adds a whole new dimension to your outreach efforts.
Here are 10 ways to use QR codes to enhance connectivity and to inspire immediate action within your church congregation or community:
1) Place a QR code in your Sunday bulletin next to upcoming events or other items for which there is in-depth information available on your church website.
3) Add a section to your Sunday bulletin for sermon notes and use a QR code to link to the audio (podcast), video, blog post or online content.
4) Incorporate a QR code on your church sign linking to your church’s homepage, allowing passers-by to gather information about your place of worship.
5) Include a QR code in your fundraising direct mail pieces to direct people to your online giving page or giving app, if you have one, and allow them to donate to your church directly from their mobile device.
6) Put a QR code on a sign outside the door of your child and teen religious education classrooms linking students to additional resources to explore and supplement their weekly lessons.
7) Include a QR code on any invitation to church activities or events.
8) Place a QR code on the back of staff business cards. Link to the church homepage or to a profile page for each staff person.
9) Include a QR code in your outreach materials (yard signs, fliers, posters, etc.) that links to a web page, a video, or some other form of media.
10) Incorporate a QR code into any promotional items (T-shirts, key chains, calendars, etc.) your church offers or sells in its marketplace to intrigue others and spark communication.
Icon Systems technology partner LiveEdit offers QR codes and an array of user-friendly and powerful digital marketing tools in Aurora, a mobile-to-the-core content management system that’s tightly integrated with the IconCMO Church Management Cloud Solution.
The Aurora QR code app will quickly generate a QR code for you using any standard web address. Any site. Any page. Simply cut and paste the URL, click on Create QR Code, and in the blink of an eye – a QR code instantly appears. To save your QR code, simply click on the image, save it to a location of your choosing and insert it into your printed or online content.
This is a guest post from one of Icon System’s partner companies, LiveEdit Aurora Learn more about the LiveEdit integration with IconCMO here: http://www.iconcmo.com/
How does your church currently use QR codes?