5 Top Church Website Companies

Written by  //  March 28, 2012  //  Church Websites  //  34 Comments

Every church needs a website. This is just a fact of today’s society–the sooner you face that fact, the better. Many people visit a church’s website before they ever even step foot in the door. That’s why having a simple yet functional church website is necessary. Below is a round up of some of the top church website companies out there who serve the faith-based market (not in any specific order):

Elexio Amp Vibe Website

1-Elexio Amp Vibe - The ONLY church website CMS that fully integrates with a church management solution (Elexio Amp Fusion)  - plus integration with the rest of the suite. Many site designs plus unlimited storage and hosting. [Full disclosure: Elexio is a CTT site sponsor]
2-Our Church - Our Church combines a great website suite, hosting, and data storage together with search engine optimization services and customer support. Affordable solutions for church both with and without ads from their ad network.

Clover Website

3- Clover Sites - Simple, clean, streamlined and professional websites for churches. Clover has created their own custom church management system (CMS) that is simple for churches to build and design their own sites with ease. [Full disclosure: Clover is a CTT site sponsor]

4-Bridge Element – Awesome websites for growing churches and ministries. Bridge Element has their own custom CMS as well that enables churches to edit, update, change, and control their sites from the backend. Many features for churches of every size – all for $500 setup and $20 per month.

5-Faith Network – Faith Network offers a comprehensive CMS system that includes the management of podcasts, custom designs, social media, blogs, email, calendaring, mobile sites, online donations and newsletters.

There are many other church website companies out there – these are just a few of the most visible church website companies on Google. If you’d like to add a church website company to the list, please leave a comment below and tell us why they’re a great company to work with and what you love about their CMS. Thanks!

Lauren Hunter is a freelance writer, church technology PR consultant (http://lhpr.net) and founder of the blog ChurchTechToday (http://ChurchTechToday.com), Technology for Today’s Church.

About the Author

Lauren Hunter is a freelance writer, consultant and blogger who loves the Lord and desires to encourage churches to better use technology to improve every aspect of ministry. Her blog, ChurchTechToday, was born out of a need to find a place to discuss how technology can impact the Church in positive ways.

34 Comments on "5 Top Church Website Companies"

1. djchuang March 28, 2012 at 9:24 am · Reply

Thanks for starting this list, there are so many companies out there that provide church websites now, I’d mention 3 more that are also very visible, like http://www.ekklesia360.com/ , http://www.churchcommunitybuilder.com/ and http://www.faithhighway.com/ . For a more comprehensive listing, also see the search engine at greatchurchwebsites.org -> http://www.greatchurchwebsites.org/web_content_management_systems_vendor_directory.php

• Lauren H. Hunter March 28, 2012 at 11:34 am · Reply

Thanks for your comment! Just to clarify, Church Community Builder is not church website software, but church management software (ChMS) – they sponsor this site. They do integrate their system nicely with some of the church website companies out there by providing a point of entry that is seamless with a church’s website.

Thanks for throwing in the others! Many blessings!
      Lauren

• Cathy Baldwin April 11, 2012 at 6:41 am · Reply

I did much research also, and looked at 3 of the companies you listed. I chose FaithConnector (http://www.faithconnector.com) and have been extremely happy. Their pricing is affordable for a small church with a small budget, their customer service is outstanding, and their platform easy to learn and use. Highly recommended!

• On the Street May 13, 2012 at 10:12 am · Reply

I agree with Cathy. You cannot do much of a search for church website builders and not feel compelled to evaluate the Faith Connector product. They seem have a very complete (not a partial) product.

• Dave C October 10, 2013 at 8:47 am · Reply

We have also used http://www.faithconnector.com for several years now. I had my site built custom. They tied all the specialty items I had created back to their content management system. They were easy to work with and their customer service is excellent. Before I chose Faithconnector I researched all the church website creators and hosting companies before making my choice. No one can touch their pricing nor quality. They also update their content management system with the latest and greatest on a regular basis. I am surprised that Faithconnector did not make your list. I would put them at number one. They do have an area that collects all the member info, built in sign up, custom forms, online giving, integrated into the site like the company you have at your number one spot. I would re evaluate your list or at least keep it up to date with the latest technologies out there.

• Lauren Hunter October 10, 2013 at 8:52 am ·

Hi Dave, I appreciate your feedback and will check out Faith Connector. I’m always happy to hear about church website companies that serve the church well. I checked out your site both using Google Chrome and my Android phone. I love the layout and simplicity! Also, from my phone I can easily listen to your sermons right from the mobile site, which is a huge plus. What church management software does your church use? I see the place for church members to login. Just curious. Thanks for your input and your readership! Sincerely, Lauren

• Dave C October 11, 2013 at 5:37 am ·

Hi Lauren,
            Thanks for your complements on the site. We use what Faithconnector has provided so far but one of the admins at church has been experimenting with Elexio for the child check in at our church. What I have noticed is that where Elexios strengths are tying in the check in stations to their site but their shortfalls are that they have limited website designs and they are double the cost for hosting it vs Faithconnector. On the flipside Faithconnector doesn’t have the infrastructure to tie into a kiosk system but they have some of the most beautiful sites and have the ability to build a high end custom site like what we have. In a perfect world there would be a company that would have both. I have created a page that I put the Elexio API to use for things like one of the upcoming women’s events but I’m disappointed in the Elexio interface as the payment tab has the words “giving”. This would bring confusion to the user as it should be customizable to say what you need it to say like “event payment” or something like that. So it seems that every system has its limitation but I lean toward Faithconnector to handle most all since pretty much everything is customizable to fit the need.

• Lauren Hunter October 11, 2013 at 8:44 am ·

Hi Dave, Good discussion here. I know API integration can be a bit tricky. Have you had Elexio step in and try and get it set up to meet your needs better? They are one of our site sponsors, and great folks to work with. I’m wondering if you’re also using their Fusion database product and how that is working for you. If FaithConnector is working really well for your website, I would perhaps look at a check in solution that works better for you rather than shifting your church website (huge undertaking, I’m sure you know.) Would it help you if I wrote up a children’s check in software round up list with all the vendors available to churches? Sincerely, Lauren

2. Liz Carver March 28, 2012 at 11:46 am · Reply

As the Communication Manager of Web/Digital Media at Wheaton Bible Church in West Chicago, IL (www.wheatonbible.org & http://www.iglesiadelpueblo.net), I did SOOOOOOOO much research last year as to which church CMS was the best, and I looked at all the big ones, including all 3 you listed here, but the far and AWAY winner is iMinistries (www.iministries.org).

iMinistries has the MOST POWERFUL CMS I’ve seen from a christian organization (I believe it is comparable with WordPress & other large CMS platforms), and they’re a great organization to work with. They even have a Church Management System built in (ChMS – like “the city” from ekklesia 360). And they’ll give you CSS access (unheard of from every other church website that I researched). And my older-than-baby-boomer-generation boss, who has no knowledge of code can edit & update our site with ease!

As a church within a church (we have a smaller Hispanic congregation and a larger english-speaking congregation), I can say that they are affordable whether you’re talking a small budget for a small church with a small website (iglesiadelpueblo.net), or a mega church with a massive website who is still trying to be good stewards of our money.

I’m not trying to be negative about other companies, but I have tested, tried, conversed, poked & prodded through them all and literally nothing compares with the flexibility, beauty, and power of iMinistries!

Email me ANY questions you have, I have spreadsheets with ALL of these companies on them, their features, what they can/can’t do, etc.

Liz Carver
    lcarver@wheatonbible.org
    Wheaton Bible Church
    West Chicago, IL

• Lauren H. Hunter March 29, 2012 at 8:53 am · Reply

Thanks so much for your detailed input, Liz! I hadn’t heard of iMinistries and it didn’t come up in Google – I will check them out. I appreciate the info for my readers! Blessings,
      Lauren

3. Sautinexus March 28, 2012 at 2:54 pm · Reply

Very good ranking. I specifically like elexio website but their charges are beyond the budget of start up churches. Indeed all communities need websites to enhance social cohesion. See our website in Glasgow UK http://www.sauti-nexus-projects-and-training.co.uk/

4. Lauren H. Hunter March 29, 2012 at 8:52 am · Reply

From Twitter:
    AnwothWill Will Lee
    @ChurchTechToday You really should have @gutensite in your top five. Their designs, CMS, and support are second to none.
    Mar 28, 9:09 PM via Twitter for iPhone

5. M28 Initiative May 3, 2012 at 4:34 pm · Reply

At the creation of this article we had not yet released our service. On April 15, 2012 inPhocus Media (www.inphocusmedia.com) started the M28 initiative (www.m28initiative.com) which is a special website building service for churches.

• Lauren H. Hunter May 3, 2012 at 7:17 pm · Reply

Thanks for updating our readers and congrats on your new company launch! Please feel free to share a little more about your services – are you designs built on WordPress or a custom CMS? What is your pricing like? Do you offer bundled packages for churches looking for a website and an app?

Thanks!
      Lauren

• inPhocus Media May 5, 2012 at 9:19 am · Reply

The website designs are first created in HTML and HTML5 and then they are converted to WordPress. We have customized the wordpress backend to be a custom CMS which includes modules that are relevant to what churches need on their website.

Full features of what we have can be found here: http://m28initiative.com/pricing/

There are various bundles available and we are willing to create new custom bundles to fit ministries’ needs.

6. On the Street May 13, 2012 at 10:04 am · Reply

Elexio doesn’t have true integration with any church management product. It’s actually more along the lines of linking to a product. Also, Bridge, while cheap, has probably the fewest features of any services you’ll find in a Google search.

7. henry smith June 7, 2012 at 10:18 am · Reply

Custom CMS are often the best option as it smoothes the transformation of mundane website into customized website.

8. Weston Moreno January 16, 2013 at 5:38 pm · Reply

I have heard good things about all 5 companies listed above. We use ACS Technologies, they are wonderful! Highly recommend them.

Visit MinistryMediaPR.weebly.com for Church Internet Marketing tips when it comes to your church website and social media platforms.

9. Trevor Ryan April 12, 2013 at 9:19 am · Reply

Gutensite, as Lauren/Will Lee mentioned earlier, is also powerful CMS for churches [Full disclosure: I'm a member of the Gutensite team]. They have packages to fit any budget, professional yet personal designs (they can do custom designs too) and scalability to grow with your church. Whether you want to podcast sermons, receive donations or even create a forum to foster community discussions, Gutensite’s functionality is robust and can take care of any church’s needs.

One especially helpful feature they offer is the ability to create member profiles. This way, members can have their own log in information and have access to specific content. Also, church admin can allow specific members the ability to add/edit content on the site independently and since the Gutensite CMS separates design from content, you don’t have to stress about how the site will look every time you update something, Gutensite keeps it looking good.

Gutensite is definitely a valuable CMS solution to consider.

They separate design from content (as a good CMS does) and allow you to focus on your

10. Cale April 23, 2013 at 7:42 am · Reply

I am actually part of a family-owned Church Website Development company MinistryDesigns.org. We started this company because we realize the importance of a church having a visually pleasing website to reach the community with 70% of people looking at a church’s website before they even attend. It’s our Ministry to be able to help churches and that’s why we offer one of the most powerful and easy-to-use website builders in the industry at the lowest price you will find. We have over 28 years combined full-time christian service at your disposal and realize the importance of a great product at a great price that can fit into any budget. We would love the opportunity to help grow your church and ministry and to help spread the good word. It truly is a blessing every time we get to help a church with a new website.

• Cale April 23, 2013 at 7:51 am · Reply

Also check out how easy it is to use on our live Demo: http://www.ministrydesigns.org/demo/site/admin

• Lauren Hunter April 23, 2013 at 9:11 am · Reply

Hi Cale, Thanks so much for sharing about your webdesign company. Some of your site designs are really innovative – I’d love to see you post a link of a couple of church sites that run on your CMS to give our readers a sense of what they look like. Again, thanks for reading and posting a comment here! –Lauren

11. Laurie May 9, 2013 at 2:37 pm · Reply

Your list is a good one. Since we have recently started a church web design business ourselves, we have look a lot at other companies. The ones you have chosen do a great job. I think it is really important, being in this industry, to keep our prices affordable while still giving a quality product.

12. camnio May 31, 2013 at 12:13 pm · Reply

Thanks for providing a list. We also do church websites as well, but thanks for helping give churches a resource!

13. Jose Gomez June 7, 2013 at 11:47 am · Reply

Let’s not forget about NetMinistry. We’ve been around for over 12 years and worked with over 7,000 organizations. The platform is a combination CMS, CRM, and e-commerce management system and the design services all completely custom. For the price, everyone else is only offering premade templates. Just a shout out, folks.

14. Bridge Element July 15, 2013 at 12:21 pm · Reply

Lauren,

Thank you so much for the mention. We are in some great company with these other website providers. 2012 was an awesome year and 2013 is turning out even better.

I wanted to drop a note about a few new things that people may not be aware of.

1. All our websites are HTML5.

2. We have a completely upgraded CMS with tons of great features

3. We have Online Giving / Online Tithing. We have the lowest rates possible!

4. We will be coming out with Apps very shorty! I con’t get into to much detail but it is going to be awesome!

Again thank you so much for the mention.

God bless,

• Lauren Hunter July 16, 2013 at 8:19 pm · Reply

Thanks for posting a comment for more details on your website services! If you guys would be interested in sponsoring ChurchTechToday, please shoot me an email at lauren@churchtechtoday.com. Thanks!

15. shy July 26, 2013 at 5:28 am · Reply

With VideoStir you can add automatically add your own “floating clip” to your church website in less than 5 minutes (without green screen).
    It’s perfect for church website where you can deliver a clear message to the viewers with a sophisticated video clip.
    Have a look at http://videostir.com and try it.
    More and more church websites are beginning to use it as it is a DIY solution and it is easy to handle.

Good luck,
    Shy

• Lauren Hunter July 27, 2013 at 9:47 am · Reply

I just checked out Videostir – WOW! This is really cool. I can see churches using this by having their pastor record a short video to welcome people to the church website and invite them to come on Sunday. Thanks for bringing your services to ChurchTechToday’s attention! – Lauren

16. shy August 22, 2013 at 6:10 am · Reply

Thanks Lauren,
    You can also take your website visitor to a video tour while the background keeps on changing from once webpage to another. It’s like giving an online video presentation while the slides (pages) appear behind you.
    Here is an example (watch it from your PC and wait a few seconds) : http://videostir.com/follow-me-demo.html

Drop us a line at http://videostir.com if you have any questions.
    Good luck
    Shy

17. Creator Mundi October 27, 2013 at 5:07 am · Reply

We hope your experience on our website has been an inspiring experience. No matter what your reason is for contacting us, we welcome your comments and suggestions. It is a passion of ours to assist individuals, organizations and businesses in creating sacred spaces and places for your home and/or work environment – where your life, the life of your family and the life of your community unfolds. We look forward to hearing from you!

18. Peg December 21, 2013 at 9:03 am · Reply

I am disappointed to see Elexio on this list as they refuse to do business with any church not in 100% agreement with the National Association of Evangelicals’ ultra conservative statement of faith.

When our mainline Presbyterian (PC(USA)) church asked about their products, we were told by Elexio that they would not do business with us because of our open and affirming position regarding homosexuality. Elexio considers the loving commitment of same-gender Christians to be as evil as bestiality, witchcraft, and necrophilia.

I pray that Elexio’s narrow and judgmental beliefs, and the beliefs of other companies such as Church Community Builder, do not represent the attitude of ChurchTechToday. If they do, please let visitors to your site know, as many of us cannot, in Christian faith and good conscience, continue to frequent your site.

19. Sam April 7, 2014 at 7:04 pm · Reply

Hi Lauren, I thought I should mention Ministry Designs as a contender for the top 5 church website companies. Compared to the others, Ministry is a very hands on company that will either let you build your church website on your own with their custom drag-and-drop website builder, or they can help design your own site from the ground up. The pricing is very fair and for what you get (an html5 dynamic website and cms) and the out-of-the-box templates are very high quality. http://www.ministrydesigns.org

Hope we can make the list next time!

• Lauren Hunter April 8, 2014 at 8:34 am · Reply

Hi Sam, Thanks for reaching out! I wasn’t aware of Ministry Designs so thanks for leaving a comment! I’d love to connect with you guys. Sincerely, Lauren