3 Awesome WordPress Themes for Churches

Written by  //  September 16, 2011  //  Church Websites  //  14 Comments

You know I love WordPress, I’ve written about it before in posts about widgets and plugins, I use it for my church tech PR website as well as this site. So when Church Themer/Mint Themes contacted me to show off their nice line up of church WordPress themes, I thought it would be great to highlight three of their themes that just might work for your church.

In case you’re new to WordPress, basically there are free themes (this is the layout and look and feel of the website) and paid themes (usually more customizable options with a nicer layout). The more a theme costs is directly related to its functionality and quality of layout. All themes run on WordPress, which is a great way to manage your website and best of all, it’s free!

Now for three great themes from ChurchThemer/Mint Themes:

The Malachi Theme is a video-based theme designed specifically for churches who need a website rich in video and media content.

The Micah Theme is a powerful WordPress theme designed for churches to use as their website with features crafted specifically for churches. The theme comes equipped with easy-to-post sermons, news, events, photos and more.

The Ezekiel theme is perfect for Churches looking to have an interactive website powered by WordPress. It includes many church-specific functions including sermon podcasts, news, photo galleries, and events.

So there you have it, three really great themes to consider when looking to upgrade your existing church website. If you’re already using WordPress, it’s as easy as purchasing one of these new themes and installing it – it just takes minutes really. Let me know how the process goes!

About the Author

Lauren Hunter is a freelance writer, consultant and blogger who loves the Lord and desires to encourage churches to better use technology to improve every aspect of ministry. Her blog, ChurchTechToday, was born out of a need to find a place to discuss how technology can impact the Church in positive ways.

14 Comments on "3 Awesome WordPress Themes for Churches"

1. Adam Pickering September 16, 2011 at 8:53 am · Reply

Thanks Lauren for showing off some of our church WordPress themes, we hope that the designs and features are everything a church could need.

We also have a theme called “Moses” that have 5 different color schemes. Which has been a great selling theme. You can check out the demo here > http://mintthemes.com/demos/?pid=1

If anyone has suggestions or features they are interested in let us know.

Thanks
    Adam
    Co-Founder Mint Themes – Church Themer

• Lauren Hunter September 16, 2011 at 9:15 am · Reply

Hi Adam, your themes look fantastic! I’d love to have a church user weigh in and post a comment about their use of your themes. Send them over to this blog post if you can.

Best,
      Lauren

• Adam Pickering September 20, 2011 at 8:16 am · Reply

Sure i’ll send some of our customers over so they can comment on the themes and support that we provide.

• Lauren Hunter September 16, 2011 at 9:33 am · Reply

Hi Adam,

I have another quick question for you: Does your company also provide ongoing WordPress maintenance for churches and other organizations? I know for many churches, they don’t have the time to learn everything under the sun about WordPress, so when they want to make changes, or simply add in custom widgets, etc. they really need some professional help. Can you provide just a little detail to my readers about what Church Themer provides in the way of service once they’ve purchased a theme? Thanks!

• Adam Pickering September 20, 2011 at 8:20 am · Reply

What we provide in terms of support is getting the theme working on their website. Populating the theme with demo content so that it is easy to see how the theme has been setup and we continue to support the theme if they ever have any issues with bugs etc.

As well we are always updating and improving our themes with new features such as Podcasting, Online Giving etc for no additional cost once they have purchased the theme.

• Lauren Hunter September 20, 2011 at 9:08 am · Reply

Thanks for letting my readers know about your support! Thanks, Adam!

2. Sele Mitchell September 16, 2011 at 4:31 pm · Reply

Thanks Lauren for bringing these to my attention.

Adam: excellent work, checked out the website and was blown away!! What an awesome way for a small church to get a professional looking web presence at a great price.

3. Riya September 17, 2011 at 5:17 am · Reply

I love wordpress themes.. but i am new to see such church themes…… Sounds great! Usually wordpress themes are so cool….As a great hunter I found cool blogger templates for wordpress here http://www.apptha.com/wordpress .. still hunting church themes from here :) :)

4. Ben November 2, 2011 at 8:18 pm · Reply

I recently purchased the Ezekial theme and am loving developing on this. I had a support issue and they answered it very quickly. I’m waiting to hear back from the Church I’m developing this for but I”m excited to see how it turns out.

• Lauren Hunter November 3, 2011 at 8:39 am · Reply

That’s great to hear! Love to see how the site turns out – please do post a link to it here once it’s live!

Blessings,
      Lauren

Trackbacks for this post

1. Wordpress Themes »  3 Awesome WordPress Themes for Churches
  2. 3 Awesome WordPress Themes for Churches | Free Themes | Sobhansoft Programming and ICT Services
  3. Church Ministry Center 3 Awesome WordPress Themes for Churches